Translate

Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on Week 1

  1. Unlike most people, I do not own a smart phone, so I can not check the blog through my phone when I do not have access to a computer. I am sure it will not be a big deal though. I also live between two different houses, so sometimes one book will be at one house and another will be at the other house. I usually am able to work around that though. I love the idea of partners in this class because it will help me stay on track whether it be me reminding him to do something or the other way around. I also have some family members that are Righetti alumni that I can call if I ever have any problems. Lastly, I play water polo and have morning practice from 6 A.M to 7 A.M every morning and practice from 3 P.M to 5 P.M every afternoon. This gives me less time to do homework after I eat dinner. I am committed to this class though, and I will do everything I can to succeed.
  2. The best learning experience I have ever had was when I went to Washington D.C. It was so great because I went with my 8th grade class and all of my friends. I was able to see all of the historic buildings and sites in and around Washington D.C. I feel the reason that I learned so much was because of the combination of prior study and the visual experience of actually seeing the things I had read about. I feel that I am a visual learner, and this trip confirmed that idea.
  3. I would have to say that I am concerned with the workload in this class. I have a lot of homework in other classes that I will have to manage. I love the different style of class and the uniqueness of it. I look forward to learning about all sorts of literature. I am also glad to learn how to adapt to the internet and use it in ways that I never thought I would use it. As the world moves on in time, technology is getting more and more advanced. If we do not learn how to use it for something as simple as English, we are doomed in the near future. Lastly I can already tell that this class is going to help me with college choices and guide me on what I need to be doing as I search.

No comments:

Post a Comment